A couple of weeks ago we wrote a blog post for one of our newest clients, Cradlepoint, who are the leading provider of secure, cloud-managed 3G/4G LTE networking solutions for enterprise applications. We recently started working with them to boost their media signal (brand awareness) in the EMEA region and to build their team members’ personal brands with thought-leadership pieces.
Cradlepoint are one of our High Flyer clients. We work with them on an ongoing basis and they outsource some of their marketing to us. With Cradlepoint, this work includes content marketing. In the coming months we’ll be ghost-writing blog posts for Cradlepoint’s executive team, roughly twice per month, and publishing these to the team’s personal LinkedIn accounts. Our first post was for Hubert Da Costa, Cradlepoint’s Vice President, EMEA. You can read it here:
Within 6 days of the blog post going live, it had:
- Generated 20 phone calls to Hubert from top-level executives. These came from partner organisations, distributors and end-users (Cradlepoint operates a channel sales model).
- Been viewed by over 250 people on LinkedIn as well as being shared on Cradlepoint’s internal network for its ~300 staff and their partner portal, which reaches 700+ partners globally.
- Received 36 likes and 4 comments, many of these from out-of-network readers.
- Given us one very happy client!
This just goes to show the incredible power of content marketing. According to the Content Marketing Institute, content marketing is…
“a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action”Content Marketing Institute
We couldn’t put it better ourselves! This blog post ticked all of those boxes:
- Our strategic approach was to focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. Hubert was attending the Enterprise Mobility Forum in South Africa that week. This blog proved his expertise in selling networking solutions within the region, plus provided an excellent talking point.
- The post was an interesting and valuable read. It had just the right balance of value-providing information and product-related information, without sounding too much like a sales pitch.
- By posting the blog directly to LinkedIn, we tapped into Hubert’s large professional network. Hubert has over 2000 connections on LinkedIn, most of whom fall into the exact target audience that we were targeting with the post.
Following the post, Hubert made this comment about the results:
I’m absolutely thrilled with how this has turned out! I knew you guys would deliver, but I didn’t expect the results to be quite so outstanding. We will definitely be doing more of these – it’s an absolute no-brainer!Hubert Da Costa, Vice President, EMEA, Cradlepoint
If you’re keen to find out more about how content marketing can drive outstanding results for your business, check out our High Flyer inbound marketing package or get in touch today.